Called the Pearl of the Orient, Shanghai offers a western lifestyle with an eastern exuberance—perfect for someone who wants every kind of experience in one place. Find global influences that touch all aspects of life, from consumerism to developing business culture to food and entertainment scenes. Let the rapid pace, historic depths, and never-ending change in Shanghai energize your sense of adventure.
Where is Shanghai
What to do in Shanghai
- Qibao Ancient Town: Discover the heart of Old Shanghai in the village marked by traditional houses, worn stone roads, and water lanes.
- Shanghai Science and Technology Museum: Get your science fix in exhibits ranging from robots to space navigation to information technology.
- The Bund: Visit the city's iconic cultural center and walk along the Huangpu River past high-end shops, restaurants, and entertainment venues.
- Propaganda Poster Art Centre: Examine the evolution of 20th-century China displayed in original posters from the Cultural Revolution and Maoist periods.
- Nanjing Road: Hit the neon streets of this popular shopping district and hub of Chinese commerce on par with New York's Fifth Avenue.
- Shanghai Museum: Admire both the museum's art and distinctive look inspired by ancient Chinese concepts of the world: round sky, square earth.