Fields of Study: Social Sciences
Conduct an internship in business technology, port services, finance, or government through the University of Cantabria. Each internship has both an academic and a professional tutor. In addition to the internship, you’ll take classes with the university’s Faculty of Economics and Business Studies. Coursework includes three classes focused on business and economics, like econometrics, strategic management, and financial accounting. An Spanish language program precedes the spring semester if needed.
Unique study opportunities
- Observe how business is done in other countries.
- Gain intercultural workplace skills for a future international career.
- Learn practical approaches to managing family businesses and inheritance matters.
- Analyze exchange rates and how the world economy reacts to different shocks.
LanguageLanguage of Instruction: Spanish, English
Language Study: Required
All course instruction is in Spanish with a limited number of courses available in English. If your Spanish language abilities need a refresh, you can add on a three-week Spanish intensive language program (ILP) to the semester.
Courses and credit
Requirements While Abroad
To successfully complete this program:
- Take a full-time course of study: Four courses, including the internship, for a total of 20 quarter/14 semester UC units per semester.
- You may select one course for pass/no pass.
- With the language program (ILP), take an additional course worth 3 quarter/2 semester UC units for a letter grade.
Current Program Courses
In addition to the required internship, you’ll take three courses in the Faculty of Economics and Business Studies. Offerings in economics include econometrics, macro/microeconomics, game theory, and economic policy. Business courses include accounting, business statistics, management, finance, marketing, and business law. If you meet the course prerequisites, you may take any of these courses.
RESEARCH AND INDEPENDENT STUDY
Research and independent study are typically not available.
Catalogs and resources
- Economic and Business course listings: Note that courses offered at the University of Cantabria are listed at 6 ECTS credits, equivalent to 5 quarter/3.3 semester UC units. Most courses are in Spanish.
- Courses in English: There are a growing number of courses in English in the spring, though offerings are limited.
- UCEAP Course Catalog: See a list of courses UC students have taken on this program.
- Campus Credit Abroad: Learn the types of credit (major, minor, general education, elective) students from your campus received at this location. Research and independent study are typically not available.
You’ll be in classes with a mix of international and Spanish students.
You will earn direct UC credit and grades for all coursework. Grades should be available one to two months after the end of the program.