Field of Study: Science
This intensive, fast-paced physics program is divided into two, four-week sessions. You enroll in one course per session for the equivalent of a full year of calculus-based credit.
Unique study opportunities
- Engage in a study of physics with students from Australia and all over the world.
- Experience living and studying in Australia with a full calendar of cultural activities.
- Fulfill requirements for a life sciences degree that may otherwise be impacted at UC.
LanguageLanguage of Instruction: English
Language Study: None
Courses and credit
Requirements While Abroad
To successfully complete this program:
- Take a full-time course of study: Two courses for a total of 12 quarter/8 semester UC units.
- Take both courses for a letter grade.
- Each course is lower-division and worth 6 quarter/4 semester UC units.
Current Program Courses
Courses in this program are limited to two physics courses. Upon arrival, you’ll receive personalized guidance from a Sydney study abroad advisor on how to register for your courses and access all Sydney Student systems.
Catalogs and resources
- Math readiness tests: To determine academic fit for this intensive program, consider taking these optional tests.
- Comparison of UCEAP summer physics: Review similar physics program information across all of UCEAP’s country locations.
- UCEAP Course Catalog: See a list of courses UC students have taken on this program.
- Campus Credit Abroad: Learn the types of credit (major, minor, general education, elective) students from your campus received at this location.
The program requires a substantial time commitment: attending classes, participating in labs, as well as time spent outside of class studying and doing research or homework. Due to the intensive nature of the program it is not possible to make changes to timetables or reschedule assessments. It is important that you keep up with any new material. Faculty and associate tutors are on hand as a resource to help.
You will earn direct UC credit and grades for all coursework. This is a new program, and we do not know when grades will be available.