Brisbane's leisurely outlook and urban lifestyle attracts a younger set to its sunny environs. A bit of a tourist town, Brizzie offers locals and visitors alike the best of its culture and beaches. The city is the gateway to Queensland's natural beauty—including mountain ranges and rainforests—allowing you to stretch your time in the subtropical warmth.
Where is Brisbane
What to do in Brisbane
- Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary: Cuddle a koala, feed kangaroos, connect with nature, and make memories for life at this experiential and educational sanctuary.
- West End: Shop, eat, and listen to live music in an eclectic inner-city suburb.
- Brisbane Powerhouse: Tap your artsy side in the repurposed tram power station that is now a contemporary art and performing arts venue.
- South Bank: Spend some downtime in this cultural epicenter complete with a beach, museums, parklands, walking and cycling trails, and pools.
- Queensland Cultural Centre: Peruse the history, culture, and modern and indigenous art of Australia.