On the coast of Tasmania, Hobart is surrounded by wilderness and within reach of both beaches and mountains. Hobart has a small city feel with welcoming people and an easygoing lifestyle. It also possesses a quirky side with year-round festival events and an unconventional art museum. Unlike other Australian states, you can enjoy the full range of the four seasons in this coastal area.
Where is Hobart
What to do in Hobart
- Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary: Get a close encounter with Australia's adorable and endangered wildlife, from Tasmanian devils to koalas, wallabies, and wombats.
- Street eats at Franko: Enjoy local food, craft drinks, and dancing in the hyperactive night market that proudly features nothing but Tasmanian fare.
- Mount Wellington: Trek through the mountain by foot, horse, or bike to beautiful vista points covering the mountain range.
- Waterfront and pier: People-watch while eating fresh seafood or visit the shops and art galleries.
- Museum of Old and New Art: Get lost in strange and subversive artworks, such as a temple for Madonna fans and a machine that manufactures excrement.