Brimming with history and charm, Lund's roots begin during the Viking era and continue through the Middle Ages to today. Half-timbered buildings and narrow stonework streets give Lund a storybook feel. The small town is built around Lund University, the second oldest university in Sweden. With students making up a significant amount of the population, the college town boasts a relaxed and youthful atmosphere. In the evenings, being a university student buys an insider's pass to Lund's real nightlife scene, a boisterous world of club-sponsored events and parties. Lush green spaces, a bicycle culture, and winter sports reflect Swedes' widespread passion for nature.
Where is Lund
What to do in Lund
- Stadsparken: Exercise your sports enthusiast one day and cultivate your nature lover the next in wide-open lawns, volleyball courts, and expertly landscaped park grounds.
- Underground church ruins: Step down into the atmospheric museum of Drottens Church, a medieval complex hidden beneath Lund's main shopping district where several churches have stood over the ages.
- Högevall water park: Splash into the popular swimming resort with its water slides, waterfalls, and rock-climbing wall.
- Jakriborg: Experience New Classical architecture at the quaint and colorful housing estate.
- Lund Cathedral: Explore the city's premier landmark with its Romanesque architecture, the dark crypt, and ornate astronomical clock.