Bangkok is a cosmopolitan city that's made for those who live in the moment. The jovial Thais have a laid-back mindset, highlighted by the widely used phrase mai pen rai—no worries. Busy and full of life, the streets swirl with the rich scents of spices and savory aromas of food stalls. Find affordable luxuries in every corner of the city—spas, hair salons, laundry services, food delivery. Take a break from Bangkok's renowned nightlife with a visit to mountains, jungles, or beaches. The metropolis is a paradise for fans of warm weather. Locals say there are three seasons—hot, hotter, and hottest.
Where is Bangkok
What to do in Bangkok
- Songkran water fight: Make a splash in the world's biggest water fight celebrating the Thai new year (every April).
- Travel by Skytrain: Breeze through the city to popular downtown spots on the elevated train commonly known as the BTS .
- Wat Arun temple: Climb the stunning porcelain-clad spire of the Temple of Dawn for a view of the royal palace across the Chao Phraya River.
- Thai boxing match: Watch as fighters engage in modern Muay Thai kickboxing at the 5,000-seat Lumpinee Stadium.
- Chatuchak Weekend Market: Weave your way through some 15,000 stalls stocked with souvenirs, Thai silks, artwork, and clothing.
- Grand Palace: Capture photos of the opulent golden structure and emerald Buddha as you immerse in Thai history and culture.
Country or area
Courses Taught In