There's good reason why Canberra has one of the highest populations of students in Australia. Expect an atmosphere made for young people—foodie haven, eventful nightlife, coffee culture, and cycle-friendly commutes. Halfway between Sydney and Melbourne, the diverse capital city avoids the frenzy and high costs of bigger cities. A relaxed approach to life and expansive natural beauty top off living in this diverse city.
Where is Canberra
What to do in Canberra
- Lake Burley Griffin water sports: Take a day on the water standup paddle boarding, rowing, or kayaking in the serene lake at the center of the city.
- Questacon: Go on a science quest with more than 200 interactive exhibits at the National Science and Technology Centre.
- Jerrabomberra Wetlands: Explore Canberra's billabongs—pools of water formed by a river—at this sanctuary for migrating birds, turtles, and platypuses.
- Parliament House: Tour its modern architecture, witness political debates and committee meetings, and explore art exhibits.
- Canberra Stadium: Cheer on one of Australia's football teams with friends at this outdoor arena.
- National Museum of Australia: Discover the people and events that shaped the country.
Country or area
Courses Taught In