Snowy mountains. Glaciers. Fjords. Forests. Oslo's stunning scenery inspires awe and wonder. An active, outdoor culture keeps locals immersed in natural beauty during all four seasons. As you ski, hike, or ice skate, you'll come to love the exhilarating life of Norway year-round. High happiness rankings among the cool and easygoing Norwegians reflect the cozy warmth and sophisticated simplicity of Oslo's lifestyle. With a growing, youthful population, the city's feel and setting are evolving to make Oslo the cultural center of Norway.
Where is Oslo
What to do in Oslo
- Oslo Fjord boat trip: Cruise through Oslo before visiting idyllic bays, scenic islands, and narrow sounds.
- Viking Ship Museum: Imagine Vikings sailing across the sea in the museum showcasing 9th-century longboats and other artifacts.
- Mathallen Food Hall: Come hungry to the cornerstone of Oslo's food scene to check out restaurants, Norwegian street food, and movie and quiz nights.
- Munch Museum: Admire the Munch Museum's distinctive architecture before heading in to see Edvard Munch's The Scream, Norway's most famous artwork.
- Ski Museum and Tower: Take in 4,000 years of skiing history, polar exploration, and winter sports exhibitions at the base of the famous Holmenkollen ski jump.