Brighton's bohemian atmosphere lures a youthful, eclectic crowd to the seaside city. Feel free to indulge in your particular brand of strange. Be prepared to run across zombies, naked bike riders, or a disco-dancing 80-year-old on any random day. The evenings are epic. Concert halls, comedy clubs, and packed nightclubs fill the laidback university town. Brighton runs festivals throughout the year, showcasing pride, music, arts, and more. Foodies aren't left out—pop-up kitchens, vegetarian fare, and craft beer add variety to the city's thriving restaurant scene. Find your inspiration and cultivate a Brighton state of mind.
Where is Brighton
What to do in Brighton
- Live music venues: Discover new music or enjoy a favorite genre in Brighton's dynamic music scene. If you're there in May, don't miss the Great Escape Festival showcasing new music.
- The Lanes: Hunt down treasures in the twisting alleyways dotted with quirky boutiques, antique shops, and cafés.
- Brighton Beach and Seafront: Soak up the summer sun along the pebbled beach or promenade before wake boarding or dancing at a buzzing nightclub.
- Royal Pavilion: Spend a summer day at the exotic seaside palace to get some history and Regency dazzle. Then relax in ornate gardens while listening to the music of buskers.
- Palace Pier: Play your favorite carnival game, scream on an amusement park ride, and climb the observation tower for an unforgettable Instagram snap at the famous pier.