Well-planned and efficient, Singapore offers a big city experience without any of the chaos. The city combines technology and creativity to create an ultramodern lifestyle for its citizens. Singapore's multicultural population is constantly growing, making the metropolis a blend of Asian and Western cultures. The hardworking and highly educated populace enjoys a work-life balance that might be hard to find in other Asian countries. Despite its density and status as a nation, Singapore is small enough to easily get anywhere. With less than 125 miles of coastline, everything you need is within reach.
Where is Singapore
What to do in Singapore
- ArtScience Museum: Explore exhibitions that fuse art and science using multimedia, technology, and creativity in the iconic museum shaped like a blossoming lotus.
- Southern Ridges canopy walk: Climb above a forest's treetops along bridges that take you 50 feet into the air.
- Tiong Bahru neighborhood: Try a local food crawl in a hip area with an old-school charm, colorful street art, and some of the highest ranked restaurants in the city.
- Gardens by the Bay: Go photo crazy in this nature wonderland powered by super trees and explore the sculptured vertical groves, glass-enclosed cloud forests, and interconnected gardens.
- Crazy Rich Asians tours: Indulge in one of the many tours exploring the book-to-film's famous shooting locations, from the iconic Marina Bay Sands Hotel to the scrumptious Newton Food Centre.
- Singapore Botanic Gardens: Slip into the serenity of the park that is home to thousands of species of plants and jungle creatures, including wild otters and the nearly jurassic monitor lizards.
My internship at NUS Forensic Science Laboratory was a boost to my college career and decision-maker of my future. Many students say it's difficult to know what to pursue, yet I believe the first step is to be proactive and I'm glad I took my shot. The challenges that confronted me helped me grow as an individual and the happiness I found throughout this journey made me more certain of becoming a forensic scientist.