Fields of study: Science
This intensive, fast-paced program focuses on physics for life sciences. It is divided into two four-week sessions. The two courses offered are equivalent to the three-course physics sequence at UC, and the courses have been pre-approved for students attending UC Irvine, UC Merced, UC San Diego, and UC Santa Barbara.
Unique study opportunities
- Engage in a study of physics with students from all over the world.
- Fulfill calculus-based physics credits with courses that may be impacted at UC.
- Learn to keep records of observations, interpret data, and write scientific reports.
LanguageLanguage of Instruction: English
Language study: None
Courses and Credit
REQUIREMENTS WHILE ABROAD
To successfully complete this program:
- Take a full-time course of study: Two or three courses for a total of 12 quarter/8 semester UC units.
- Take both physics courses for a letter grade.
CURRENT PROGRAM COURSES
Introductory Physics 1 and 2 (12 quarter/8 semester UC units)
Catalogs and resources
- Math readiness tests: To determine academic fit for this intensive program, consider taking these optional tests.
- Campus Credit Abroad: Learn the types of credit (major, minor, general education, elective) students from your campus received at this location. There are currently no listings for this program in the database.
There is more emphasis on writing at the University of Sussex than at a UC. Clear, elegant, and simple writing is highly valued, and poor marks are given for incorrect spelling and grammar. British instructors will expect thorough research and secondary sources to be listed in your essays.
You will earn direct UC credit and grades for all coursework. Grades for this program are typically available in early October.