Fields of Study: Sciences, Engineering
Develop skills for a future in engineering, urban design, architecture, business, communications, and more. In this compact 6-week summer program, you can access a unique course selection to accommodate any major and study path. Taking classes on campus, you’ll also experience the state-of-the-art technological resources of the university and have the opportunity to engage with Berlin’s robust startup and science community.
Unique study opportunities
- Learn how to create and pitch innovative business plans during team projects and site visits to companies in Berlin.
- Take courses taught in English alongside fellow UC and international students.
- Participate in cultural activities and practical training using the city of Berlin as an extended classroom.
- Take unique courses you can only find at TU: 3D Scanning and Printing, Satellite Design, Urban Walkability: Streetscape Design for Berlin, or Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
LanguageLanguage of Instruction: English
German Language Study: Optional
If you’ve never studied German, you have the option to take a 2-week German language class for beginners.
Courses and credit
Requirements While Abroad
To successfully complete this program:
- Take a full-time course of study: Two courses for a total of 10 quarter/6.7 semester UC units.
- All courses on this program are graded on a pass/no pass basis only. If you have an academic need to receive a letter grade, you must request it with TU before the course starts.
Current Program Courses
The program is made up of a 2-week period followed by a 4-week period. You will select one course in each period.
- Courses in the first period are worth 4 quarter/2.7 semester UC units
- Courses in the second period are worth 6 quarter/4 semester UC units
Most courses on this program are upper-division. Beginning German is lower-division.
Research and independent study are typically not available on this program.
Catalogs and resources
- Technical University Berlin Summer School Course Catalog: View current course offerings and detailed course descriptions for the two-week period.
- Technical University Berlin Summer School Course Catalog: View current course offerings and detailed course descriptions for the four-week period.
- UCEAP Course Catalog: See a list of courses UC students have taken on this program.
- Campus Credit Abroad: Learn the types of credit (major, minor, general education, elective) students from your campus received at this location.
This hands-on academic program accommodates students from more than 60 countries around the world. On-site UCEAP staff and TU Berlin Summer School staff will be on hand to help you adjust to the new environment and answer any academic questions you may have.
You will earn direct UC credit and grades for all coursework. Grades are typically available in mid-October.